One experience that we often find funny online but hits hard when it happens to us is “what I ordered for vs. what I got.” The fact that we can’t physically access these items or feel their quality before placing an order, makes us somewhat vulnerable in the hands of online shopping.
Knowing these risks are ever present, the need to keep them in check is more important now than ever. Here are 5 great tips on how to curb ordering wrong items.
- Shop from a trusted seller: Lots of sellers are out there on shopping websites, one needs to be sure that the seller is a trusted seller before placing an order. It’s necessary to look out for basic information such as when a seller joined the platform, number of followers, store credibility, detailed seller ratings and feedback history.
- Read product reviews with pictures: Before taking reviews as the hallmark of credibility, know that some merchants pay for fake reviews. One way to avoid falling victim to fake reviews is to pay attention to less than 4-star reviews with pictures from the buyer. So, you see what you will likely get when it’s delivered.
- Pay attention to item description: At times, some of the wrongly delivered items are the result of our negligence to the very specific details of the items we ordered for. Details such as dimensions, product feature, fabric feature, product sizes and specifications should not be skipped for whatever reason. Also, double-check the color, size and quantity before placing an order.
- Acknowledge studio perfect picture quality: Photoshop, one of the greatest lying tools can make an ugly item the most pleasing to the eye. Don’t get carried away with the perfect pictures of a bright colored wear and feel cheated when it’s delivered. Lower your expectations for colored items, it might be just another effect of editing tools.
- Check return policy: It’s one thing to receive an unwanted item, it’s another to be able to get a refund. It’s not uncommon to have a wrong item delivered but it won’t be nice not to get your money back. So, before placing that order, make sure you checkout the store‘s return policy and understand the terms and conditions of returning an item.