I published an article yesterday titled “In my dream…” and I have received several positive reactions from readers on this particular article. I’m very glad a lot of people took out time to read it, at least now we are better informed. A friend asked a question which prompted me to write this second article. She said, “how then do we dominate in our dream?” Like I said in the first post, the sermon that day was not on dreams or how to dominate in our dreams. However, I’ve been able to write down a few things I believe we can do to dominate in our dreams. It’s a bit difficult to do justice to this topic without discussing things like “territory”, “dominion”, “kingdoms”, “son ship”, ” authority”, “rulers” , “powers” and so on. But I don’t want this article to be unnecessarily long
time won’t even permit me to write, I will reduce the details and just go straight to the point.
1. Identify and establish the side you belong: Whether we believe it or not, this world we’re in is a battle field spiritually. And in every battle there are always two or more sides fighting. What makes a battle is “a side “A” and an opponent side “B” or opponents sides “B,C,D…. as the case maybe”. A battle can not be said to occur within “a team that is ONE” A house divided against itself can not stand. If you’re NOT a child of God and you’re having serious nightmares, your case is double trouble. We need to establish without an iota of doubt that in the spirit realm, there are ONLY TWO SIDES, not even three. The side of God and the side of the devil OR The side of light (victory) and the side of darkness(defeat). As a matter of urgency, you must identify which side you belong before you can dominate in your dream. If you are not sure whether you belong to the side of God which is also the side of light and victory, please say this prayer quickly “Lord Jesus, I confess every sin I have committed knowingly and unknowingly ,I confess that you are my Lord and my Savior, I give my heart to you, please come into my life and reign. I identify with your kingdom today. Write my name in the book of life and let me reign with you in the end. Amen. Please find a bible believing church around you and start attending.
2. Feed continuously on the word of God (Read your bible often): Once you said the prayer above a new man was born on the inside of you. It is called your spirit man. Now listen, your spirit man needs to be fed. That spirit man needs to grow. You were initially born a baby some years ago, the food, water and air you took in daily built your physical body to what it is today. That is exactly the same thing you need to do to this “spirit man” which has been born inside you the very moment you said the prayer above. It is not your physical arms and legs that will dominate in your sleep ( Eph. 6:12) because when you sleep your physical body is helpless. It is your spiritual arms and legs that fight for you when you sleep. Which means your spiritual arms and legs can only dominate if they have been constantly fed with the word of God. Cultivate the good habit of memorizing bible verses too. If a man suddenly appears to you in your dream to attack you, don’t be surprise that the bible verses you committed to memory are likely to surface while you sleep.
3. Devote yourself to a life of prayer (Pray always): Now that you have started to feed your spirit man you need to understand that you just don’t dominate in your dream because you prayed before sleeping. You dominate both in your life and in your dream when you live a life devoted to prayers. I am also not just talking about morning and night devotion prayers even though these are part of it, we need to pray as often as we can. Pray while you walk, pray while you work, pray while you shop, pray while you play. Pray continuously, talk to God continuously, PRAY ALWAYS IN THE SPIRIT, pray without ceasing. (1 Thess.5:17, Romans 12:12, Col 4:2) This keeps your spirit man awake even when you sleep. It is not your physical hand or legs that fight the battle of life. It is the spirit man. FEED HIM. Always remember that everything that happens physically has a spiritual undertone.
4. Take time to fast: I know a lot of us don’t wanna hear or do this. But I won’t deceive us, we need to learn to sometimes deny ourselves of some pleasures like food, water, internet, phone etc. and devote our time to doing number 2 and number 3 points above. (Matthew 17:21) It keeps your spirit man vibrant and alert!
5. Having said all these if you sleep and you have a terrible dream and still could not dominate or win in your dream…it is not late; wake up, get on your knees, pray and cancel whatever negativity the dream might connote. Remember to confess what God’s word says about that situation you dreamt of. If it still bothers you, speak to anyone you identify as a spiritual head over you and have a prayer of agreement together(Matt 18:19).
If God lays anything in your heart on this topic kindly add to the points I stated in my article if I missed any. How we can dominate in life/in our dreams…Thank you.
image via www.earthporm.com